When making your decision about buying versus building a home, there are a number of factors to consider.
Pro’s for building a new home…
- Locking in a discount to market value: with property prices constantly increasing, off-plan developments offer the property investor a chance to lock in the price today – several months before payment is required
- NO transfer duty and NO transfer costs!
- Choose your fittings and finishes
- NO deposit required
- Choose the size of the house to fit your budget: No surprise expenses!
- It is a brand new home – Custom built especially for you!
- Your home comes standard with a 5 year structural warranty and all fitted appliances (such as solar geyser) will carry warranties
- Crown Homes Construction homes also include architect fees, NHBRC registration fees, all municipal connections, engineers approval and all transfer and bond registration fees. NO HIDDEN COSTS!
Pros for purchasing a used home…
- You may be able to move in quicker than buying off plan
- What you see size wise, is what you get so you can plan your space when viewing the home
- Depending on the area, it may be cheaper to buy a used home, especially if it is old